March 22, 2015

Here's what I am reading--



In print
Just started A Glorious Dark by my friend A.J. Swoboda.  I am enjoying his memoir of his NPR-Oregonian upbringing in the first chapter and it's engaging me. I'll let you know.

On my kindle
I am into Wild by Cheryl Strayed for the second time.  I read this while breastfeeding my son about two years ago on a friend's kindle.  I engulfed in then, read it at a fierce pace because I was so anxious for Cheryl. I am reading it for my book club this time and taking a more leisurely pace. Either I am in a different emotional place or knowing the end of the story is changing the experience for me, but I am enjoying it even more this time, not as stressed for Cheryl, and loving the way she weaves her story on the trail with the backstory of her life. She's a great writer.

Also, into The Confidence Code by Kay & Shipman.  A research book about the differences between men and women in confidence, it's interesting, and I am hoping that it gets more practical as it goes.

One more that I am half-through on my kindle and it's my flag to my undying love of YA lit.  It's my first Ally Carter book, Heist Society.  I love anything "heist"--books and movies.  So, I'll let you know about this one.

In my ears
Love Audible.  I am tearing through Fairest:  The Lunar Chronicles: Levana's Story by Merissa Meyer. Loved, loved Cress from The Lunar Chronicles.  I listened out of order, so I haven't done Cress, it may be on my list next.

What's stacking up around your house or on your kindle or app that you are reading with your ears or eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...