March 21, 2015

The Conspiracy of Us

Just finished listening to my latest YA novel on Audible.  I am a huge Audible fan.  It's something that has worked for me for the last two + years of my life.  The monthly fee is a little dent out of our entertainment budget ($14.95/month), but it's worth every penny to me

My latest is  The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall.  It's the first in what appears to be a series of some sort.  The Conspiracy of Us has some of the YA features that I love:  strong female heroine, action, love interest, suspense.  Girl grows up without father and with a mysterious, transient life that causes girl and her mom to move every few months. Mom calls the letters that they get requiring them to move "the mandate".  Girl is kinda willingly kidnapped and discovers that the mandate is actually part of a global world-power super-mafia conspiracy that she is intricately a part of.  What I loved was the mystery of figuring out who she is in the conspiracy.  What I didn't love is that it all takes place in less than a week and that many themes seem unbelievable because of the timeline even for YA fiction.  Girl and boy fall in Romeo-Juliet love-to-the-death love in less than a week.  But, meh, maybe that's every movie in Hollywood.

Fun listen, I'll look forward to the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...